NYS WIC participants will purchase WIC foods using an Electronic Benefits Transfer card called eWIC. This will make shopping for WIC foods easier for WIC families.
An eWIC card is like a debit card. You can use your eWIC card to buy WIC-approved foods at WIC stores. Your local agency will add your family’s benefits to your eWIC account.
eWIC means a more convenient shopping experience. eWIC shoppers can expect:
- an easier check-out
- a more discreet transaction
- the freedom to spread out WIC purchases
Stores can expect:
- an easier checkout
- faster payment
- fewer checkout errors
At your WIC appointment, WIC staff will add your benefits to your family’s eWIC account. You will get a list of your family’s WIC benefits for the next three months. The list will have start and end dates for your benefits.
At your first WIC appointment following the eWIC rollout in your region, you will be given an eWIC card. At that time, you should turn in any remaining paper checks. You will not be able to turn your paper checks before that.
- Talk to your local WIC agency staff
- Visit your store’s customer service desk
- Call eWIC Card Customer Service at 1-844-540-3013
- Visit www.WICconnect.com
WIC2Go is a mobile app for New York State WIC Participants. WIC2Go can help you:
- Check the dates and times of your WIC appointments
- Check your current month’s benefit balance and expiration date
- Scan items to see if they are WIC-approved
- Locate WIC clinics
- Locate WIC stores
To create an account, you will need your eWIC card number, your date of birth, and your zip code.
Yes. After downloading the app, individuals will be able to locate clinics, stores and resources. Participants can scan items to see if they are WIC approved, check current month’s balance and expiration date, and view appointments.
Yes. Keep your eWIC card and take it to all your appointments.
- Choose WIC foods using your WIC shopping list, benefit balance, Foods Guide, and WIC2Go.
- Pick a checkout lane that accepts WIC.
- Tell the cashier that you are using an eWIC card.
- Place your WIC items first, ahead of other foods.
- Swipe your eWIC card and enter your 4-digit PIN.
- Do a mid-transaction review and approve the WIC transaction.
- Use another form of payment for non-WIC items.
- Keep the store receipt and eWIC card for your next WIC shopping trip.
The steps may vary from store to store.
For more information on preparing for eWIC rollout, and to find the APL, visit: www.nyswicvendors.com.